The Night Before
I couldn't sleep. I looked at you; you were sleeping right beside me, and even if the only source of light was from the outside window, I could clearly see your beautiful face. You looked so peaceful, and your cheeks were just so plump I was tempted to squeeze them. I kissed you instead. I cried after that because I could not believe it's been 6 months since you were born. I thought to myself, it was too fast, and I just wanted you to stay a baby - MY baby - forever. I thought about all the milestones you have reached and are going to achieve - and I was very excited, but that meant you were growing up.
Mummy and Duddy's Little Angel
I want you to know how proud we, your duddy and I, are of you.
You are such a joy to us, how you crinkle your nose when you smile at the very sight of us; how you manage to wake me up in the morning, touching my cheeks and lips, and as soon as I open my eyes you're just there looking up at me with a ready smile. I greet you good morning, you flash your toothless smile - that instantly starts our morning. Then I change your diapie and tie your hair into a ponytail at the top your head; I carry you, and before we head out the door, as soon as you see your face in the mirror, you giggle with delight.
The way you gasp with excitement as I feed you your cereals or bananas (your current favourite food) for breakfast, then instantly smile with pride when you finish them and I clap and tell you, "No more, you finished it already!"
I love looking at you and your duddy during your playtime; I love hearing your laughs that come with (cute) shrieks as he tickles you; the way you touch his face when you're sitting on his lap, and he makes a sound that makes you wonder; it really is a sight to behold.
Your Infectious Smile
I can never forget how you smile that angelic smile of yours; it's very sweet and heart-warming. When you're in your crib playing and you see me looking at you, even if I just washed the dishes and my back is aching like crazy, I instantly pick you up and give you a kiss. I just couldn't resist you, and I know how much you love being cuddled and held. I don't care if others say we're spoiling you with the carrying and lulling, but how much time do we have to do that for you? Before we know it, you're already walking and running, excited about your world around you and just don't want to be held anymore.
There are so many things that make you our little angel, our princess, but no matter how creatively I describe them, my words won't do justice. One day, I want you to read this so you'd know how much we love and adore you; how your face, your smile, your antics can lighten anybody's mood.
Happy, happy 6 months, my Souki! Mummy and Duddy love, love, love you very, very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment